Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The heart of the home.

I forgot to share any photos of our makeshift kitchen! We are in the process of putting it back together again but for now we have a makeshift counter top, no stove, and a large row of top cabinets with no doors that need to be ripped out. We have been here several weeks now and things are going okay and I'm adjusting to living this way. Although I can't wait to get the kitchen looking better! We used up a lot of our funds having to do so much work that we did not anticipate so unfortunately we have to live with makeshift stuff a little longer than we planned. So far it has been okay. We have several small appliances that allow me to make regular meals and Damien has been doing a lot of grilling lately.  We found a sink/faucet that was only $20 at the ReBuildIt store. The one that was here was disgusting and didn't work properly. We had to call in my dad again when we were trying to hook up this sink because the pipes were (of course) totally screwed up and leaked and needed replaced. He came to the rescue (again) and since we've been here everything has functioned properly... knock on wood. It just isn't very pretty!

 Trying to build the counter top right after we got here.... in a huge mess.

This is basically how our makeshift kitchen is looking right now. Not exactly how I envisioned my kitchen to look when I owned a home but hey - it's functioning for now and it's only temporary.
We are about to leave for vacation but when we get back I plan to tear down those top cabinets because they are all messed up. Damien is going to build some shelving for me to put stuff on. We will probably look around for a good deal on a small kitchen sometime in the future. But right now our main priority is getting flooring in.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram