Thursday, October 15, 2015

Be the change.

I've decided to deactivate my Facebook account. It made me a little sad because when I did it Facebook told me my blog page would also be shut down, too. My husband was made an "admin" so now he is able to post my blog links for the few readers that I get through Facebook. 

Anyways, that isn't what this blog is about so here is what we are doing in the trailer these days for those of you who do enjoy keeping up with us! 

First, if you will recall Aunt Pat & Uncle Terry gave us several gallons of paint. I decided to mix them all together because we don't have enough rooms to paint but one gallon would not stretch the hallway and kitchen and it all needs to be the same color because of the set up. So, I mixed 3 similar colors all together. I came up with a kind of sage-type color. This will be used throughout the kitchen and the hallway which leads to the bedrooms and bathroom. I just did a small test area but hopefully this weekend it will all get done. 








We also found some very inexpensive flooring at Ollie's this past weekend that Damien has been working on installing in the kitchen and hallway. It is just 12x12 peel and stick tiles, however he is using a vinyl adhesive to make sure they stay down properly. It isn't exactly what we wanted - but this is not our forever home, either, and the price was right.  


The last thing we have done is tear out what was left of the kitchen. We will be painting that area and putting up a couple shelves for dishes or food or whatever. I'm really happy to see it gone since the majority of it was already missing anyways. 





That is where we are at. I hope that after this weekend our kitchen area looks completely different!






Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. I read through Facebook! Best wishes to your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided to come back to facebook because my views went down a lot! I guess more people read it through my page than I thought.

      Delete

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram