Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Painting & Flooring

The plywood flooring project is FINALLY done. Damien finished up the section in the bedroom tonight that he felt needed to be reinforced. Now all the plywood has been laid down and we are ready for some other type of flooring to go on top.  This is a huge relief as that project was beginning to feel like it would never end. Here is the bedroom - back in one piece and sturdy!





If you look at the first picture - you can see what one of the upcoming projects is. You guessed it! Fixing that ridiculous window. Here are some closer shots to give you an idea of what is going on here. They had a window air conditioner in there. Every day we go there I'm amazed at the way these people lived. 





We don't really have our plan worked out yet but we think the parts of the window were in the closet so there is a very slim chance we can just put the window back together. We have to wait and see what happens when Damien tears off that plywood. 


I also started painting in the kitchen. We picked a really bright color for the cabinets. So far I think I like it. The walls definitely need more paint on them and so do the cabinets - but it is definitely looking cleaner than it was ten days ago. 




We will also be replacing the counter because it's in really bad shape underneath and has a lot of water damage. 

This past weekend we were at a carnival/flea market in Palmyra and I found 10 yards of the fabric pictured below for only $5. It really caught my eye and I'm going to be using some of it in the kitchen. I think it will match our paint choice very nicely. I'm anxious for the kitchen to be pulled together. That will help the overall look of the house drastically. 



There are so many projects to be done to make this little place a home but very slowly I see things coming together. Here's a cute shot of Abigail helping me work on her brown paper floor that we are putting down in her room! More on that another day! 







Related Articles

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that fabric. It reminds me of my grandma and has a great retro feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram