Saturday, April 2, 2016

Some days are better than others.

I promised myself when I started this blog that I would be honest. My biggest problem with blogs and social media in general is all the fake, dishonest posts about how great things are. No one ever seems to keep it real anymore.  Well, I'm here to tell you that you can always count on realness from me.

On Thursday morning I was feeling overly anxious and frustrated so Damien stayed at home in the morning with the girls and I went to the house to take out some of my frustration. I tried to clean up that back bedroom ..the one that we  paid someone to do but then they didn't finish. It really sucks cleaning up plaster and lath. First you have to clean up all the lath because you can't shovel it up. So I stopped at Ace for some bags and I found the ones pictured above. The answer to my prayer... or so I thought.


One of the worst things for me about cleaning up is lining the trash can with a contractor bag, filling it up, and then having to lift it out of the trash can, but that's the only way you can shovel the plaster into the bag without it falling over. Well, that is until I found these bags. 


What a joke.  They fell over like a thousand times and aren't even close to being as strong as contractor bags. So if you're wondering if they are worth the price.... they aren't. They are so worthless I'm considering writing Gorilla about them.

So I cleaned up the back bedroom for a while on Thursday and it isn't done but it's better than it was and less overwhelming. 




We had our 3rd dumpster dropped off this past week and it will probably be filled up in no time. We hired a different person who was supposed to finish the entire demo and clean up of the house in a certain time frame. Well he didn't. And I'm done paying people for jobs that they are unable to complete in a reasonable amount of time. Damien told him what to do and I told the guy one thing. Do you know what the one thing was? Do not put anything outside in the yard. Why? Because we get fined every single time we do anything that you can be fined for. We seriously have somewhere around 6 fines right now with one single fine being $540. So what does that guy decide to do? 

This. 



That is literally about 50 bags of plaster. Those bags weigh a hundred or more pounds each. Do you see the dumpster RIGHT THERE? One top of putting them there he also used them as steps to access the side door and the ones on the bottom broke open so there is plaster everywhere. Come on. 

So I'll say what I said last week (and probably the week before) again.... Hopefully within the next week or so the demo will be done. 

And we press on. 







Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram