Thursday, July 7, 2016

Being organized is being in control

We picked a move-in date for side #2... and it's quickly approaching.  We picked our 6th anniversary for our date, which is August 14th. That is only 37 days away. Will it happen? Well, we are going to try as hard as we possibly can for it to happen.

To do this I realized I need to come up with a strict timeline and schedule. When you have a lot to do, sometimes you don't know where to start and you just end up accomplishing nothing.

I'm still not done with the schedule because it's more time consuming than I thought. But, it's mostly broken down and it seems like we may be able to make our deadline. It basically depends on whether or not we can get the water and electric straightened out and stay within our tiny budget for that.

Aside from all the work that needs done at the house, I also have a list of stuff I'd like to get done during the week when I'm home with the kids. It's tough to get anything done, but sometimes Amelia does sleep a little. I'm sleep-deprived, but this stuff has to get done and I can rest when we move.

I've started visualizing all the rooms and picking out what I want. When we moved into the mobile home we got rid of nearly everything, so we are almost starting from scratch. I have several pieces of furniture I want to spruce up to take with us to save some money.

Today I got a gallon of my favorite paint - marshmallow. I can't explain why I love it, but I do. It's not white, it's not off-white, it's not eggshell - it's marshmallow and it is the best. I'm going to use that for furniture that I plan to put in Amelia's room.



This dresser, chest, and glider are the pieces that will go in Amelia's room.




The glider needs the arm fixed. It also needs new fabric, but all three of these pieces are really sturdy and real wood, so once they are painted they will work great. 


I'm also going to use it for this little $5 table I found & turn it into a Lego table for Abigail's room.


I haven't started on any of the furniture yet but I have started on our awesome "new" front doors.  We picked two of these up for $50 and they are nearly identical to the original door on side #1 that I was so bummed to not be able to use anymore.  Our plan is to refinish them and I've started on that but it's taking forever because there is about 20 coats of paint/stain on them. 





Here is how the door is looking now. It still needs another coat of stripper to get the final coat off, but it is coming along. 


I also picked out this doorknob for them. I can't wait to see the end result!


I see a lot of late nights in my future, but it will totally be worth it! 











Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram