Saturday, August 8, 2015

Believe in yourself a little more.

We have been working at the mobile home for about 10 days now. We go Saturday and Sundays for most of the day and just about every evening at least for a couple hours. Even Abigail is eager to help out where she can.

The mobile home was/is dirty as can be. It absolutely amazes me that a family actually lived in this place right before we bought it. It's gross. Filthy. When we tore up the carpets we found that there were several places where the floor was wet... turns out it was from a pit-bull that lived there unattended for several weeks. Well, trailers get "soft spots" in them if they get wet (something entirely new to me as I've never lived in one before). So as Damien was working on pulling up the flooring, he began basically falling right through the floors. Great! We were going to replace the sub-floors anyways for our own peace of mind (they are basically particle board!) but we anticipated being able to go right over the existing, rather than having to cut them out and start from scratch. This photo shows the spot along the bedroom wall.  Since this happened, Damien has walked around all areas of the trailer and double checked for soft spots. We found a couple more that we were able to fix easier than this one.


This one is not completely done yet.... obviously. Damien is in the process of fixing it this weekend. Today he cut the floor up until he found a floor joist (not sure if that's what they are called in a mobile home) so that he can attach brackets to it and put in another joist and then a stronger piece of plywood. Hopefully it will be complete in the next day or so. You can see all the staining on the sub-floor. That has all since been cut out. 

After this was discovered and I learned that this was going to be an even bigger mess than I had anticipated, I really started to think "what the hell are we even doing?" I had a miniature emotional breakdown for a few minutes... which can happen quite often to me right now since I'm 23 weeks pregnant.  Anyways, I went out to the kitchen and thought I'd just forget it and continue working on scrubbing it down. And then, in the filth, there it was: a dime. A little sign from up above. I think it was to say "believe in yourself a little more". 






Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram