Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Happiness is peace of mind.

Yesterday was the final day we were able to be in our house, so we had to move into the "little house" as Abigail calls it. The place is basically a disaster zone right now but she couldn't be more happy. My dad thinks it's because it's such a small place and we are all now really close together. Either way, it's amazing to see things through her eyes. This is such an exciting time for her!

Yesterday was a very stressful day but we successfully got everything out of the rental house and into the mobile home without an inch of space (or time!) to spare. Each corner of this place is crowded right now and stayed crowded through the day today because we were all way too tired to do anything about it since we were moving and cleaning extremely late into the night.

We had to call my dad in for help with the sink we got because (of course) it leaked when we hooked it up - just like everything else in here. It ended up taking him last night and today after work but we are leak free at this point and our sink and drains work.  It was a huge relief to have his help because we were unable to turn on the main water without having that sink hooked up since there wasn't shut off valves for the faucet. Guess what? There is now!

Here is how things were set up for sleeping last night at about 1:30am when the three of us finally were able to go to sleep: a mattress thrown down on the floor and two couches. Perfect.


The "kitchen" is a complete mess. I moved things around a little bit today for my dad to come fix our sink but otherwise I did absolutely nothing.



It doesn't look much different right now but I'm hoping tomorrow to get things a little bit organized around here. At least to the point where we can all find outfits in the morning.

Tonight Damien made some delicious chicken on the grill and we ate it off paper plates and it was a great feeling. While we were eating he said "I know we are living in tornado alley right now (because of the mess) but I can't help but feel such a sense of relief." I couldn't have agreed more.

I love my family so much and though things are completely unorganized and a mess and only half work sometimes - I feel so blessed.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram