Monday, March 28, 2016

Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.

Project clean-up the attic is underway. It is scary, but I spent several hours up there and nothing happened and I'm still alive so I think it might be okay up there. I found lots of walnuts but no squirrels yet. I really hope they moved out. 

The demo is just about complete also. Here is basically what is left to do 



You might notice the claw foot tub is gone.  We ended up throwing it out the window last weekend. It was broken and unfortunately probably not salvageable. It didn't even shatter when it went out the second story window!

So far I haven't really found anything that is worth millions in the attic but I did find this really neat lamp! I want to keep it but I did find out it might be worth a hundred or two. 


I don't know if it works or anything. I didn't bring it down from the attic. I did start bringing some stuff down and quickly filled up a bedroom. 


I also found a whole bunch of old checks and cards from the original couple that owned the house. A lot of the cards are hand-made. It was neat to find those things and wonder what it was like way back when they lived in the home. 


I was able to successfully clear a very small path in the attic and hope that next time I go I can make an even bigger path and some day the place will be empty. 


Here's to hoping the demo gets completely finished this week and Damien does not break his back doing it! 






Related Articles

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natalie, I'm pretty good at rebuilding old lamps if you want me to rebuild that cool lamp. Good for you and keep at it! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram