Sunday, August 30, 2015

Slow and steady.

It's been a really long couple weeks. I'm sorry that I haven't posted, however in my defense, not a whole lot to report! We ran in to some issues with the water and that took us a long time to get working. Eventually, we called in the reserves, AKA, my dad, to lend us a helping hand.

Thankfully, things are now back in order. The water is currently shut off but that is a good thing because it's because we are installing a "new" sink and counter in the kitchen!


The water situation in the bathroom was really frustrating and broke my heart because it messed up Abigail's paper bag floor THREE different times. That made me sad because I put a lot of effort into the floor. I guess I should have waited to ever fix it instead of fixing it each time - but each time I thought the water thing was situated and then it never was.





We finally ended up replacing basically everything and anything we could having to do with the shower. And when I say me - I mean Damien. Eventually we (Damien) settled on these awesome things called Shark Bites. If you are EVER doing any kind of work to pipes I highly recommend them. It didn't take long at all to install and immediately fixed our problem.
 




The last couple weeks haven't been all bad. Our dog Otis got to see the house for the first time and he seems to be okay with it. 


We also purchased a "new to us" fridge. 


Abigail has started kindergarten so the race is on to get this place livable so we can move in. We are hoping to have that accomplished (believe it or not) in the next few days.  What more do you need other than a place to sleep, shower, and eat, right? 






Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram