Saturday, March 19, 2016

"All roads that lead to success have to pass through Hard Work Boulevard at some point."

It dawned on me after sharing my previous post and talking about how much I liked the doors we have at our house now that I haven't shared any photos of the doors.  So this past week I took a few photos to show the doors that are there now. I really like them but they really are beyond repair at this point. I wish I was a master carpenter so I could re-build them.




The demo continues at the house. We are getting closer. The living room, dining room, and 3 bedrooms are done. Damien is working on getting the bathroom and hallway done and then on to the kitchen. We did have someone working for us but then he decided he wanted a lot more money than we had agreed on so unfortunately we ended up letting him go (after we paid him and he didn't finish work)   It's amazing how hard it is to get people to do work for you, even when they are unemployed. 

We are hoping to have the demo done very soon, but it seems like everything is one step forward, two steps back.  We are on our second dumpster and there is easily still another full dumpster's worth of debris in the house. I keep trying to set very small goals to keep me motivated. Last week I set a goal of getting the steps cleaned off and exposing the heating grate in the dining room that was covered in plaster. Both of those things happened and that got me through the day. It is back-breaking work and without tiny goals it becomes overwhelming and discouraging pretty quickly. 

Damien knocked down the wall between the bathroom and bedroom and discovered there wasn't any studs. Ok...? We were going to make the bathroom a little bigger anyways, so ... whatever!









Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Instagram